Thursday, July 2, 2009

2 Month Update & Ces My Hero!

so much to post and so little time with Riley napping. Let's see how much I can get posted before she wakes up; always a timing game with her. :)
Just got back from the doctors for her 2 month check up and wow what an appointment. Filled with this nasty medicines she had to swallow and several shots. Poor thing screamed and turned red - but then i nursed her and like a champ she was all good.

She now officially weighs 11 pounds 11 oz and 23 inches long. That puts her in the 70% percentile for her weight and height and her head circumference (i cannot remember the number) puts her in the 75% percentile.
So all of these every hour eatings with her stuck to my boob have paid off - she is getting huge!

Oh speaking of boobs. Some of you may have heard my cries from where ever you are as little Ry decided after taking the bottle from one of my co-workers last Friday during a visit, that would be her last one. She has protested and every time we got a bottle near her she screamed bloody murder.

Then came a blessing in disguise named Cecily. Ces came yesterday for Andy's and my first trip out of the house without her; a date lunch! We went and had yummy sushi, went shopping at Nordstroms Rack and DSW and i felt like an adult again. it was amazing!

But the best part? Bless her heart she was willing to deal with all the screaming that could have come out of this but she wanted to do it - Ces took care of her knowing she wold not take a bottle..... and she took one! Well not one but 3! (Ry eats a lot if I did not mention that before)

Ces is our hero as I really thought there was something wrong with us, the bottles, the formula - anything! So THANK YOU CECILY!!! :)

The other great piece of news is that we finally got Ry on a schedule. Every night we give her a bath with her night time soap and lotion (thank god for Johnsons and Johnsons night time stuff!), change her diaper, put her in a gown and then I nurse her. She falls asleep usually no later then 10, then off to bed where she has been sleeping like a champ! Last night... get this... she slept 6 hours straight!!! THIS IS AMAZING! I am so stoked and hope that this continues. She has slept like this for the last week after we have stuck to this schedule and it is working and I am sooooo happy. I am a total different person with sleep (go figure!) and so is she.

I go back to work August 3rd and am so not looking forward to it. Well I miss my co-workers and I do miss some of the work but I am sad to not see Ry during the day. It shall be a sad, sad day for me when I drop her off at daycare.
Just so happy we have her sleeping on a schedule which is going to help and now eating from a bottle too!

Well not much else to report. I hope that you all have a fun and safe 4th of July! We will post pictures of our first BBQ out with the little one.


Few Pictures -

Ry in her Bumbo:


Riley LOVES her changing table. Not sure why but she loves loves it! Here she is having a good ole time on it with her "baby legs":

No comments: