Friday, February 5, 2010

9 Month Update and more

Oh how time flies. It just seems like yesterday when our wee one was looking up at us with these dark blue eyes all wrapped quietly in her swaddling blanket. Now the bright blue eyed girl is super crawling and pulling herself up to get at everything!

I still cannot believe she is already 9 months old! :( My baby is getting big too soon!


Today I dropped her off at daycare to find out that we have hit a milestone at daycare and that it is time to introduce the "sippy" cup at meal times. This should be interesting since she won't hold her bottle, so I forsee this going very well.
At daycare Riley will eat mushed up diced peaches and pears and will play around with cheerios occasionally eating them. At home she won't touch anything other then her pureed babyfood from the jar. I have tried mushing up all sorts of items but nope won't eat them; she loves the jars.

On a non-Riley note I ran to Target at lunchtime to get diapers, formula and beer (you know all the essentials) and got a surprise: a speeding ticket. :( UGH. It is a very popular area for cops and I know it and even though I thought it would not happen to me, BAM i get pulled over.
The cop was very nice and said that I was very cooperative and polite and he thanked me a few times for being so nice and not arguing. Well what was I suppose to argue? I knew I was speeding... not like i was trying to outrun some teenager or anything, I was simply trying to pass a turning vehicle into a turning lane all of which I guess you are not suppose to go faster then 35. Oh well. :(

So last month Andy got into a fender bender and now I get a ticket. Awesome. :(
Needless to say the Red Roses and Chocolates for Valentine's day have been replaced by a lovely shade of green ticket infraction and a $124 fee to the City of Lynnwood. grrrrr.
The cop was nice and told me I could protest it in court, but since i was going 11 over the speed limit the chances of it being dropped were slim. He said "if it matters I pull over people for going 2 over the speed limit"... wonderful I would have loved to be the one that gets a ticket for going 2 over.

Ok on to a funner subject Riley! Here are a few videos that we had to share. The first is very grainy but I was trying to get her napping time. yes in this video she is supposed to be "napping".... yeah right.



I will post the other video tonight....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention that you got a ticket! That sucks. She's growing up way too fast - let me know when you want a night out!