Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Changes they are a comin

Howdy friends and family and sorry for the major lag of blog time we have had. There are tons of updates The Lodatos have to share, its been a busy few months.

I had to look back to what i posted in March to find out what I need to talk about, yikes. Well if you have not heard I did not get the security job here at T-Mobile. In light of the news of AT&T they changed the job description and after a very grueling 2nd interview I knew something was up - yet they had not told me yet. That was the worst interview ever, I felt belittled by the people I thought were friends and worst they kept going asking me things that I did not know even when I told them I did not. After an hour of sweating through the interview (literally) I returned home with a migraine that lasted 2 days.
From all of that fun came a fun little twist. I was updating a friend of mine on the job situation and she sent my email to her husband who offered me a job at Microsoft.
So after a month of emails, interviews (that were awesome!) and researching information I formally posted my notice at T-Mobile last Thursday.
Thursday May 5th will be my last day as i am taking off the 6th for when Sue is in Grandma Lodato is in town for Riley's 2nd birthday.
I now officially have short-timers; i dont want to come to work at all or do anything while I am here. I really have no motivation so its very hard to work all day knowing that there is this kick ass job waiting for me a few weeks out.
Ahhh but I plug away and today through the 5th I am documenting and training people that will replace me.
The new job will be on the main campus of Microsoft in the "Pirate" team (anti-piracy) so yes I get to see ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR all day, i cannot wait!

I could tell that I have not been on the interview road show in sometime when I went to fill out paperwork and they asked me for my 2 pieces of ID like I carry that around all the time. The lady looked at me and said: well when you fill out paperwork you need to bring these things. I then had to explain i have not had to apply for a job since 2000 and I think that shut her up since that is probably when she was in kindergarten. Damn yougins'.

Ok so enough about me; Andy is on the last very leg of getting his new space for his practice! WOOT WOOT! They have been looking at a much larger venue and now are just in the last of the signing of the paperwork. I am not sure on the dates, but I will make sure to post pictures when they are all moved in.
Very excited as they now will have space to move around in; right now its a bit of a tight squeeze.

We are days from Riley's 2nd birthday on May 1st, I cannot believe my little itty bitty baby is going to be 2. I shouldn't say itty bitty she is a full on tank. I get asked all the time if she is 3 since she is so big, she is even bigger then some of the 3 year olds in her current day care class.
Speaking of which with the new job comes a shorter commute (WOOT WOOT!) and a change of daycares. I know Riley is going to be super sad saying good-bye to her friends there so I chose to enroll her a week earlier then my start date at Microsoft to slowly transition her into the new place. She will start on Monday the 9th and stay there for a few hours Monday/Tuesday then by Friday she should be in full-time.

We are super excited for Riley's 2nd birthday party as well. We have been planning it for a bit now and we are getting closer to the date.

Riley is now 29 pounds and I am not sure how tall, I cannot keep her still enough to measure. :) She is in 3T and 4T depending on the brands and size 6-6.5 shoes. She has officially grown out of her Seahawk cap so i am looking forward to fall to get her a new one.

Well that is all i have for now and better get back to looking busy. I hope you all had a great Easter!!!!

No comments: