Friday, October 3, 2008

1st trimester sucks

If you have not been through a 1st trimester let me tell you, this is the worst. I know that people keep saying oh but look on the bright side in a few months you will have a baby... but seriously i am just trying to get from day to day at this point.

I realized early that this was not going to be any fun when I started to gag at every smell. Not just bad smells but everything. I have a really good nose and that is causing major issues for me now. Poor Andy cannot have any kind of food that smells bad when he is heating it up or I am making a mad dash for the bathroom to hurl.

The other big issue is that I have not been able to cook Andy dinner at all and poor guy is probably losing weight! :( I seem to get sicker as the day goes on, usually night time is the worst of the worst.
I am still at the stage where i cannot smell or even look at certain foods. The site of chicken has me turning green and food commercials on TV are the death of me.
The first run in was with this nasty $5 Taco Del Mar platter-0-food they have been showing. The first time I saw it I was soooo sick. Ever since I have to quickly change the channel whenever a nasty food commercial comes on. UGH.

Things are getting a bit better, I have been able to diversify my intake of food to other items other then cereal.
Check out the list of foods i can eat!

1. Cereal with milk
2. milk
3. Bread
4. soup
5. tea (not green or anything fancy tasting)
6. donuts (this is a new one)
7. bananas
8. water
9. ginger ale
10. cheddar cheese
11. crackers

Can you say yum?? :)

well this has taken me about 10 mins to type and i have to eat every 10 mins or i get sick. So off to eat some crackers.

2 comments:

K said...

Sometimes the pre-natal vitamins do not help at all with morning (or in your case, evening) sickness. Julie had to go through the whole pregnancy with taking only folic acid pills. I'm sorry to hear about your pain, but, really, the 2nd trimester is the honeymoon phase, and you will feel the best you ever did. Hang in there. (I'm not going to mention the 3rd trimester here!)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I got nauseas just reading your blog entry. I emailed you too, but see if your OB can prescribe Zofran. You might have to try another one first (darn insurance rules), but if that doesn't work you can usually ask for Zofran. That's the only way I could function. Feel better!