Monday, October 20, 2008

Maui






Well we are back from Maui and what an interesting trip that was. I was sooo excited to get away from everything here at work and in Seattle, get some sun and just relax. Mainly I did the relaxing part in bed as I was sick for a good portion of the trip. I feel so horrible for Andy, he had to do all dinners by himself and I kept getting up at 4am Hawaii time (7am Seattle time) to eat. The peanut had no mercy on me while we were on vacation that is for sure.

I found that if I got up early and ate right away I was usually pretty good until the late afternoon. So Andy and I did a lot of leaving early from the hotel and ventured out. We had breakfast very early at the hotel and would walk up and down the beach barefoot - it was my favorite part of the trip for sure!
But being pregnant in the heat/sun was no fun at all. I realized how tired I got and it made me really dehydrated which made the day we flew out interesting. I woke up with a nasty migraine at 4am on the dot. I quickly ate a banana and drank a half of my bottle of water and downed an Excedrin then went back to bed and prayed it would go away.
A few hours later and literally 3 bottles of water later it did. I think it all caught up with me and I just got dehydrated.
Ah and when you lay around all day apparently your body does not like that, so I developed a wonderful neck and back ache. Not being able to take any IB has been horrible. :(

We stayed at the Maui Westin and what a pimp hotel that was. It was beautiful with 4 pools, several cabana areas, water slides and was only about 3 steps off the beach. I would highly recommend this place to anyone with kids. Apparently we did not do our research so this is a very friendly kid hotel, so TONS of kids running around. They have this special where kids under 5 all eat free when a parent eats, so you get your moneys worth there for sure!

Well I am off to boring meetings now that I am back at work. Trying to walk around as much as possible so this constant neck ache will go away. GRRR.
Have a wonderful week to whoever maybe reading this and enjoy the pix!



No comments: