Thursday, December 4, 2008

18 weeks and getting bigger

Last Wednesday November 26 I got older and somehow woke up and got bigger on top of it. The baby has decided not to grow slowly but at a rapid speed.

At my last check up I had only gained 1 pound so I am trying to eat a whole hell of a lot more and anything. I know they say only eat healthy items, but I need to gain weight so ice cream at least once a day is ok. ;) Especially from ColdStone, that is some FAT stuff and YUMMY!

I started with 4 pairs of jeans that fit with my belly band and now I am down to 2. The other day I realized that one pair started to cut off my belly and was so uncomfy. So I have dug out the prego pants that my friend Elaine gave me and well they are a bit baggy, but they feel so much better then my regular.... looks like I am in prego pants now!

Andy and I spent Thanksgiving in Albuquerque with his family and I was able to actually eat dinner, so I think I am making a turn for the better! Thank you all for the advice and well wishes I am excited to say I can eat now. HA HA! :)
Chicken on the other hand.... yeah still no good. The sight, smell or touch of chicken makes me gag and I actually do get sick. It is the strangest thing and really hope this goes away after the baby is born. I really like chicken and ate it all the time before I was prego.
For the record, for our family Birthday dinner for Andy and & I, I actually ate steak. This has not happened since I was 12 years old and my family was shocked. I ate only about 5 pieces and stuffed myself on a baked potatoes with TONS of sour cream (hell I need to gain weight here people!) and it was super yummy!

This Friday is another test as it is my friend Greg's Bday and we are going to "Purple" for dinner. This is a huge wine bar that has all of these yummy cheeses and wine that I cannot eat. So I am hoping that I can find something on the menu I can actually eat that is pasteurized.

Anyways, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and ate lots of pumpkin pie!
I will be taking the obligatory belly shots soon to show off my itty bitty bump. yes very exciting for everyone. ;)

1 comment:

The Van Inwegen's said...

Jackie read your blog yesterday and guess what she had to have for dinner? Steak and a baked potato. With extra sour cream of course. Get ready for the cravings that you can't say no to.